The Beginning

It has to start somewhere. Who really remembers the beginnings of things? It's often difficult to know when something began, it just kind of happens sometimes. We fall into things not quite knowing how we got there. There are exceptions of course, like the first day of school or first day of work at a new job. But how many people actually know the date of the conception of their children? (Okay, some people really do know that) Or the exact moment they fell in love?

We write down milestones for our children as they grow in their baby books, if they're lucky enough to have a mother who remembers to do such things. There's always a first time for everything, right? That's what they say. So this is my beginning, my start. The start of what, you ask? Well, that's what we'll find out together. I'm not sure what this space will turn into. I am more apt to tell you what it won't be and that is a place where you'll find pictures of my children or my personal space. Odds are you will not see photos of my home decorated for various holidays or pictures of my kids doing anything for any reason. That's a whole other post for another time. One which I'm sure will elicit all kinds of feedback if anyone reads it.

What I really hope and desire for this space is that it be a sacred space. I want to be able to share experiences and life events that are meaningful, spiritual, emotional, and healing. I want it to be a place that I want to come to regularly and make friends along the way. I want to meet like-minded people and people who can offer challenging opinions that are intended to be helpful rather than hurtful. I want to share meaningful dialogue, offer inspiration, and be inspired. I also want to have fun and laugh...a lot. I like to laugh, a good belly laugh that elicits tears and a coughing fit preferably. I want this to be an authentic space without an agenda. One that comes into existence out of a need rather than a desire. I want to create an engaging atmosphere. I want creativity and freedom.

You may say that's a lot of expectations for a space and you are probably right. But they are positive expectations and I'm hopeful. I've wanted to do this for a long time, but never quite thought I had anything to contribute, after all, doesn't everyone do this? I don't want to let fear hold me back any longer. Perhaps I do have something to contribute and maybe we'll find out just what that is along the way. Just because I don't know what that is yet doesn't mean I shouldn't start. And so it begins...

Comments

Popular Posts